Lacto/Bifido 8-Strain Probiotic - Low Dose Children’s Formula 12 Billion CFUs per Capsule
|Delivery Time:||3 - 4 weeks|
- Ex Tax: $16.50
Provides broad spectrum support for gastrointestinal health. Twelve billion CFUs per capsule. Hypoallergenic. Gluten and casein free. Capsules are plant based. Ultra Tested®.
Kirkman’s Lacto/Bifido 8-Strain Low Dose probiotic is a low strength children’s version of our Lacto/Bifido 8-strain probiotic with balanced amounts of three Lactobacillus strains and five Bifidobacterium strains. The total colony forming units per capsule is 12 billion.
Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium are the two most important bacteria for gastrointestinal health. Both have been clinically shown to help reduce the growth of unhealthy bacteria, ensure proper nutrient absorption, support healthy digestive function and maintain the integrity of the intestinal wall.
Lactobacillus occurs naturally in yogurt and various fermented foods such as sauerkraut. Lactobacilli predominantly reside in the small intestine.
Bifidobacterium, though also important to adult gastrointestinal health, is particularly important for children. Like lactobacillus, it also naturally occurs in certain dairy products. Bifidobacteria predominantly reside in the large intestine.
The bacterial strains in Kirkman’s Lacto/Bifido 8-Strain Probiotic - Low Dose Children’s Formula include:
• Lactobacillus acidophilus – 2 billion CFUs
• Lactobacillus rhamnosus – 2 billion CFUs
• Lactobacillus plantarum – 2 billion CFUs
• Bifidobacterium longum – 1 billion CFUs
• Bifidobacterium bifidum/lactis* – 2 billion CFUs
• Bifidobacterium lactis* – 2 billion CFUs
• Bifidobacterium breve – 1 billion CFUs
* This product contains two different bifidobacterium lactis strains.